Thursday, March 28, 2013

WANTED: An Apprentice

Hey everyone!

I am looking for an apprentice. I have decided that in order to produce the quality of product that has become the brand of LoveMich then I will have to train someone to have the type of attention to detail and passion that I do.  

You do not need to have an extensive knowledge of sewing as I had originally thought I would need in an assistant.  Actually, the opposite seems like it will make more sense. If you are learning from the get-go the way that I do things at LoveMich then we aren't breaking old habits and trying to re-learn something in a different way than you are used to.

Here is the nitty-gritty of it: I will teach you to sew LoveMich products consistent with the way I do them myself and with the same quality and pride in the end result, in exchange you are learning knowledge of sewing accessories that normally you would be paying at least $50 a class for. After a few weeks if we both agree that you can handle sewing our products on your own with the same attention to detail and care that I do, then you will be compensated at a per-piece rate from that point forward.

Yes, I am particular and it is very important to me that my sewing assistant has the same need for perfection and quality results as the LoveMich community has become accustomed to and the brand that we represent.

So – if you have a passion for the handmade community, you want to learn how to sew the way LoveMich does, you have a schedule that mirrors mine (I usually have time to sew nights and weekends) and you aren't afraid of a large snuggly puppy and a stuffed sewing room…then apply to be my new apprentice. Either Inbox me on Facebook or Email me : michelle (at) ilovemich (dot) com

Also – I have to say a little disclaimer here…if you write me and say “this sounds like fun!” I want you to really really think about this opportunity. Yes, it will be fun at times, but this is hard work and sometimes very frustrating.  So if you want to do this just to learn how to sew and think it is going to be all sunshine and rainbows, I have to tell you, it’s not as glamorous as it seems. The end result is very gratifying but it is important that my apprentice has a passion for creating things rather than viewing this as a hobby. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are you still looking? I would possibly be interested.